We have some good news and some bad news. I like saving the better news for last, because I like "happy endings"...
The bad news is that I'm going to take the month of April off from the blog. Sorry to all of my regular readers. I expect the constraints on my time are going to be absurdly high next month. That's because...
We found a house on our last trip to Dallas that we absolutely loved! and we decided to move early. You might have guessed as much from the lack of poker in the last few months. After talking about it for years, we're super-excited we finally get to do it. It's much nicer than our current house: a little larger (both house and land), much newer and also waterfront. But the new house has an awesome saltwater pool, cabana and hot tub that we can't wait to get into. Altho I'm not sure how useful a hot tub is in Texas. This house basically costs like 15-20% of what what a comparable house would cost here in CT. LOL. I generally don't like talking about my houses, so I'm not going to post any pics of the house. But I'll post a pic of the pool:
...just as an appetizer to get you guys to tune in in May. After freezing our asses off in several feet of snow this winter, a resort-like house is just what the doctor ordered. I actually have a lot of interesting stuff to talk about in the blog when I come back in May, including:
* we caught G lying... and stealing. DoubleFly goes Old School.
* why moving before the end of the school year >>> moving before the start of the school year.
* how we picked the house, and how as a pro poker player living anywhere with a high cost of living is just burning money.
* how we plan to pick up G's academics.
* generating additional streams of income away from the tables.
* more poker content that I never finished up.
* maybe some funny pics after too many pina coladas by the pool.
I was actually going to post this tomorrow as my last post, but I realized it was April Fool's Day, and I thought you guy would think I was just joking about taking the month off. Sadly I'm not joking. But I'll have plenty of interesting stuff to talk about when I come back, so make sure you come back!