Will Hill Banner

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Hi all. Sorry for the silence... I had a bunch of things going on and blogging became a much lower priority: * My mom came to visit for 3 weeks and we were busy enjoying her company. * Kids on vacation = no vacation for DoubleFly * The interest rate markets have become surprisingly active, so I've been doing a little more work on that front. So in what little free time I've had, I've been playing some poker and blogging has taken a bit of a back-seat. I'm actually debating if this is something I want to continue with. I loved writing when I could do it every day, but now that I have a lot of other things taking up my time, it's starting to seem more like "work" than something I do for "fun". I'll probably mull it over the rest of the year. It doesn't help that I've had a bunch of downers related to poker: * I had a really ugly disagreement with Will Hill over my affiliate agreement. I don't want to get into it, and we are trying to work it out, but the whole incident really soured me on anything related to affiliate programs. * I had my first DOWN month since I started playing poker almost 6 years ago - back in May. I didn't get in as much volume as I would have liked, so the variance in a small sample was going to catch up with me eventually. But I came back strong in June, July and now August. Sometimes, you need a little nudge to get things back on track. * It was pretty shocking finding out Alan Jackson on BFP looked at stats in a similar way as I did, and he was sharing it with everyone. But the old man still has a bunch of tricks up his sleeve. Poker's all bout staying one step ahead. Sorry about the abbreviated post, but a few people were asking where I was (and if I were dead, etc...) so I thought I would pot an update. Hope you guys are all enjoying your summers.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I enjoy reading all your posts, and was actually checking your blog daily. The IR market is getting some action now, and like poker, you go wherever action is. Wish you all the successes.

    ReplyDelete